Alta Resources & Sustainability
Alta Resources is mindful and cognizant of our impact on the environment and society as a whole. We are committed to minimizing negative environmental impacts by acting in a sustainable manner. We strive to be a good neighbor, care for our people and lessen our impact on the environment, helping ensure future generations have the ability to meet their own needs.
In an effort to maintain continuous improvement, we are dedicated to promoting sustainability in the business areas mentioned below.
Alta Resources Sustainability Efforts in 2019 :
Our goal is to track and minimize negative impacts on the environment by reducing energy consumption, paper use and solid waste generation, air travel and water use.
- 1,632 tons of CO2 emissions between December 2018 to November 2019
- 1,259 Average Employees during this time
- 1.3 tons of CO2 emissions per employee
Using Renewable Energy
- Generating electricity from renewable energy sources has been shown to reduce air pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions. In 2019, 4.2% of our electricity at our Neenah, WI, headquarters came from renewable sources such as wind and solar panels.
- Used computers, phones and other electronic equipment that aren’t disposed properly can leach harmful toxins into landfills and groundwater. To conserve natural resources and protect the communities in which we live and work, Alta partners with Cascade, a Wisconsin-based e-Steward Certified company, to recycle our defunct electronic devices. Over the past year, in conjunction with its customers, Cascade’s recycling has had the equivalent environmental impact of:
- Saving enough energy to power 15,362 typical US homes
- Removing 6,411 passenger cars from the road for 1 year
- Keeping 10,525 tons of carbon out of the atmosphere
- In 2019, through our partnership with Automated Records Management Systems, Inc. (ARMS), 64,051 pounds of recyclable material was collected. That equates to:
- 544 trees saved
- 224,179 gallons of water saved
- 128,102 Kw of energy saved
- 8,000 pounds of pollutants kept out of the atmosphere
- 96 cubic yards of landfill saved
Our core objective is to contribute positively to our communities, and to do so in a manner that is organized, efficient and easily accessible for all Alta Resources’ employees and entities. We want to help make all associates of Alta Resources champions of community involvement and to help impact the well-being of the places in which we live, work and play.
- Each year Alta Resources and its employees participate in the United Way Fox Cities annual fundraising campaign, ensuring assistance – monetary and time – goes to the community we live and work in. In 2019, we continued with:
- 65% employee participation rate from our headquarters workforce
- Raised just over $306,000 to be used
- $2.7 million total all-time contributions